Sunday, August 1, 2010

Castle, Left. Castle, Right.

The youth hostel I stayed at in Conwy did not have free breakfast, but I got all of this for just a few pounds:


The best part of the hostel, though, was the reading room. It was situated as the highest point on the building, with windows all around, and doors that went out to a porch with the most beautiful view of the town:

I watched the World Cup championship here, sitting with a group of guys with whom I didn't share a common language. Still, I could tell their team allegiances by when they started screaming at the television.

I think the above picture illustrates quite well the sheer number of castles there are in Wales. Literally, whichever way you go, you will find a castle. Awesome.
The old & the new.

No comments:

Post a Comment